Advice request-Cricket

I have been asked to shoot a local cricket club's match and would appreciate hearing of your experiances and equipment recommendations. I know the ground is expansive so I think I'll rent a 400 f/2.8 and a 1.4TC for reach but what should I look for in the bowler and batsman? Been watching Sky sports for shooting angles ideas but that's video. Any ideas?

I have been asked to shoot a local cricket club's match and would appreciate hearing of your experiances and equipment recommendations. I know the ground is expansive so I think I'll rent a 400 f/2.8 and a 1.4TC for reach but what should I look for in the bowler and batsman? Been watching Sky sports for shooting angles ideas but that's video. Any ideas?
Maybe a 200 macro.... oh not that kind, sorry I dont have a clue hopefully someone will chime in and offer a few suggestions. Cant wait to see the results. Be wary of renting the 400 2.8 could be a costly mistake....lol

Here is another place you can look for to get some ideas on what to shoot. I am presuming you understand the game well enough to be able to anticipate ahead of the critical action so as not to miss the crucial shots such as a batsman executing a drive or a hook shot ...... taking off for a run or scampering to beat a throw OR a bowler coming in to bowl, a fielder taking a catch, etc. I will look for more sites to give you more ideas and am hoping other people from UK, Australia, New Zealand, India, etc. will chime in too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe a 200 macro.... oh not that kind, sorry I dont have a clue hopefully someone will chime in and offer a few suggestions. Cant wait to see the results. Be wary of renting the 400 2.8 could be a costly mistake....lol
You're a funny guy Mike.

Thanks for the link but those images are all posing and warm ups with no real action, but that's cricket I suppose. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Here is another place you can look for to get some ideas on what to shoot. I am presuming you understand the game well enough to be able to anticipate ahead of the critical action so as not to miss the crucial shots such as a batsman executing a drive or a hook shot ...... taking off for a run or scampering to beat a throw OR a bowler coming in to bowl, a fielder taking a catch, etc. I will look for more sites to give you more ideas and am hoping other people from UK, Australia, New Zealand, India, etc. will chime in too.
Thanx, I am pretty familiar w/ the game having seen India v Pak not to long ago, and following England's summer tour via 606. The Cricinfo site has some good stuff on it, but where is the tea cart?

Your definitely going to need some length.

Here are some shots that I took not too long ago:
https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=162815&highlight=cricket

Besides the bowling and hitting, its pretty tough to actually get some fielding action photos.

Hope this helps
Gary
Those are the best Cric images I have seen in a long time, what set up did you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom