Aerial image, Disney

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by vulturetec, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Another aerial I shot yesterday - Disney World's Magic Kingdom, Orlando.

Film: Agfa X100 aerial film
    Camera: Zeiss RMK-TOP (153mm Zeiss Pleogon lens)
    Exposure: f4.5@1/124
    Scanner: Epson 4990

Click for larger image

[​IMG]

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It's the happiest place in the world.

Unless of course you are falling from 10,000 feet in the air toward that big bullseye! Then maybe it's not so happy. Cools shot Scott!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Boy that is cool.
    Takes a special clearance to do that doesn't it.
    Really nice view

4. very cool, especialy the larger version

5. Thanks all... I want to get some of the hotels and Epcot too when I can.

Nope. They've grabbed airspace up to 3000ft, you can fly over it all you want above that.

6. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    I've always been fascinated by aerial photos for some reason and this is one of the best I've seen. One question though... where's the castle?!?! :)

Chris

7. It can be fun sometimes. We go to Disney world a few times a year, and I'm always amazed at how well they hide the way everything really looks. The castle included! From the ground you really can't get any idea about how big it is, or what shape it is. Hard to believe all of Main Street USA is just a big flat-roofed building, or the Haunted Mansion is in a big warehouse with a brick facade.

Here's a close-up of the castle from both viewpoints :)

[​IMG]

8. I love aerial shots - I was in my glory when GoogleEarth came out.

This is a great shot and very very clear - no hint of haze at all. Any more to share with us???? :smile:

9. Thanks Sandi - these both are from 3500ft but it was a really clear morning.

Here's another Disney one. This is just south of the Magic Kingdom, the 7-seas lagoon, the Grand Floridian Hotel on the left, Polynesian Resort in the lower-center, and the ticket/transportation center on the lower-right.

[​IMG]

10. Wonderful set! Love 'em!

11. Scott

So who flies the plane while you are snapping away? :biggrin:

Neat shot!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2007
  12. I used to have a ham radio station (on HF) in the back seat, and everyone would ask me that!

We work with a 2-person crew, pilot is up front flying, I'm in the back working. There are a lot of people doing the flying and running the cameras solo, most are using computers to automate the camera operations so it isn't that much of a division of labor anymore.

FWIW here's my camera I use for these large format aerials. Weighs a ton and it sits in a mount that is bolted to the floor:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    Unbelievably sharp! Beautiful lens also!

14. kikicam

kikicam Guest

Ok I am a self-proclaimed Disney World fanatic so I have to thank you for these aerial shots, will pass them on to my 2 teen sons. Too bad you didn't get the Contemporary in that one shot of the hotels, that's our favorite and would be cool to see from the air.
    Amazing how small it all looks, esp the castle from up there.
    Thanks for the pictures, very cool, very interesting.

15. Oh, but I did! I couldn't get the color balance quite right for some reason, but here it is. We've been staying at the Port Orleans the last couple of stays, I'm going to try to get that one the next time I'm flying down that way.

Click for larger image
    [​IMG]

16. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Cool stuff Scott. I'll bet you and your crew are in high demand, because your aerial work is the clearest and most colorful of any I have ever seen. These photos are fantastic.

Keep 'em coming!

17. kikicam

kikicam Guest

Thanks Scott, awesome view of the Contemporary. I stayed at Port Orleans with my parents on our last trip down and it was nice but after staying at the Contemporary for years I've been spoiled by the ease of walking to the MK and hopping the monorail.
    Incredible shots, I would think you could get these shots into some book somewhere, about Disney World.
    Great work.