Aerials from the Islands

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by vulturetec, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Here are a few aerials from the Bahamas I shot today at work.

It might interest some that our windows in the back of the airplane are tinted a mild green color, but I can sometimes manage a decent color balance with some effort.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    These are some nice shots! I tried to shoot arials from commercial airliners - nothing even close to yours. Good work!

3. We are having winter and I could sure use the Carribean about now :)

Beautiful shots. I never could get anything decent out the windows of a plane due to the windows are either dirty or scratched. You did great on these. I would never had guessed they were shot through a window if you had not mentioned it.

4. equetefue

equetefue

Sep 29, 2005
    Kissimmee, FL
    is that a cessna 310 ? I use to fly commercially a Cessna 404

5. Thanks - I try to scrub the windows before I shoot through them, but the real problem is the color. Using anything but a custom white-balance gives nice yellowish-green images, yuck.

My work-camera shoots through a hole in the floor so none of that is a problem for it :biggrin:

6. Yup! A 310H. The in-the-wing exhaust plays havoc with shooting anything out the sides though. We used to fly an R-model and it wasn't quite as bad.

7. Sure would be nice to be on one of those secluded beaches right now! Great shots. Always nice to see "other than ordinary" shots like these!

8. It must be tough work shooting aerials in the Bahamas but then somebody has to do it so it might as well be you.:cool: :wink: Nicely taken images.

9. Thanks!

I get comments like that all the time! Not knocking it, but to be honest going down there stinks. The weather there is rarely good for what we do. The clients always want everything perfectly "clear" and it just doesn't happen very often (waiting for the permits, good weather for traveling, etc, all complicates things more).

I rarely look outside when we're working anyway, just too much to do - even moreso when I was sneaking in the Nikon pictures. When I took these we took off from the US, did our photo projects, and flew back without landing. :biggrin:

Here's what the control panel for my work camera looks like:
    [​IMG]

10. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Nice shots. Was that Grand Bahama?

11. Thanks - they were Nassau and Eleuthera

12. Those are just wonderful. Great location.

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Scott,
    Great job on the water color.
    Been to 14 islands and the water of the islands is really beautiful.

Great to see again.

Lived in St Croix for awhile. Wonderful to be in the water and see your feet :>)))))))