• All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. The Nikon Cafe and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.nikoncafe.com/help/terms

Older transaction feedback (left prior to the new system) can be found in our Feedback Archive.

COMPLETED AF-S 300mm f/2.8 D IF-ED II. Ships: US

Real Name
Andy
User name: acnomad

Items to sell/buy/trade: AF-S 300mm f/2.8 D IF-ED II

Prices: $900 $800

Ships to: US

Description: I recently upgraded to the 500mm PF and don't seem to be using the 300 at all anymore. This is an optically excellent copy of the last non-VR 300/2.8 that Nikon made. This means it's actually the lightest of the AF version of this optic and I found it very usable for handheld shooting. Mechanically, I would rate it 6/10 for two reasons:
  1. The AF motor works and is very fast and accurate BUT, with some regularity, it hangs up and the focus ring requires a slight touch to get it to re-engage.
  2. The filter slot grommet is warped, which does not interfere with filter usage, but is unsightly.
For these reasons and because of the various minor cosmetic imperfections (see photos), its financial value is diminished, but it remains quite usable and produces very sharp images. I will add that once I got used to recognizing the AF issue, shooting sports and wildlife is still feasible with this lens. Of course a repair is possible, but for a lens of this age, not reasonable IMO. I plan to trade it in to a local camera shop if no buyer steps forward before Dec. 20, 2019. Reasonable offers will be considered.

Please check my username (acnomad) to find 100% positive feedback on eBay, fredmiranda.com, and mu-43.com for reassurance that I trade fairly.

Images for this listing: File(s) attached

Payments accepted: PayPal, Venmo, Zelle

Shipping method: UPS or FedEx

Shipping charge: Actual cost (should be about $50 for UPS ground, fully insured to addresses in the CONUS)

Handling time: Within two business days

References: "acnomad" 100% positive feedback on eBay, fredmiranda.com, mu-43.com

Additional comments: Please read the description carefully and feel free to ask questions - you'll get honest answers.

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules. Yes

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom