AF speed in 80-200 f/2.8 pull push models

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Leo Horta, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Well, I found a mint used 80-200 AF-D in Brazil and I would like to know if has a considering AF speed improvement between 80-200 2.8 AF pull-push to 80-200 AF-D pull-push (mkII model)?
    Thanks to all!

2. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

all push/pull lenses are kinda slow in the focus dept...but they're certainly not lacking for IQ ...;-)))

3. As Nute says, they are not fast focusing...... but my old copy is great. I shoot it on my D80 and focus is pretty slow, but by using the limiter switch you can help improve things a little. It might focus a bit faster on your D300

4. Nute and David. as my 20-210 4-5.6 "D" is a twice fast than the older "non-D" version I think the 80-200 AF-D could be faster than the first version... :confused: 

Thanks!

5. the speed of AF on an AF-D lens is heavily determined by the body it's shot on, it will focus a lot faster on a D3 than say a D80.

Mainly due to the difference in the bodies AF Motor

6. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

what Phil said too ..my old push/pull is much faster on my d200 than it is on my d50..and with a little practice it's not really that big of a deal ...if it's a good lens and a good deal u got nothing to lose....;-)

7. I have only used mine on a D300 and a D700, and for me it focuses fast enough. I am a toddler chaser though, not a sports shooter.

8. Yes, maybe it could be fast enough for portrait... nuteshack, this lens is a good deal for it optical quality.. Thanks!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.