AF Testing V3 Round 2 - Terns, Osprey and Duck

Back out today with the V3 and 400mm f2.8, naked, no TC's this time, I forgot and left them at home. It should be noted that these have not been "finished", just minimal default Develop in LR5. Next step will be to finish a couple. I will do more testing with the 1.7TC, it may be suitable for the slower birds, now that I am getting the hang of the V3 a bit, but I am more than happy with the AF and tracking with the "naked" 400. I think it actually acquires focus faster than the D300, certainly not as fast as the D800. To see some more "minimal processed" from today, Go Here.

One of my favorite test subjects is the good old Duck. They fly fast, so are often tough to catch.
The Duck, coming in for a landing:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Fast Flying Terns:

Hunting Osprey:

Thanks, Jerry, I was much happier this time around. I will post a "finished" one or two later, I am liking what I see with the ability to process these as well.

Thanks, Michael, it is getting there. Now that I am starting to process a few, I am pretty happy with the results. Cropping in on just that Duck, for example, the detail is holding up well. Now, if Nikon just would make a CX version of the Super-Tele's that only weigh one pound each and cost $1,000, wouldn't we all be in hog heaven :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom