AF Tracking Part III

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Larry Gleason, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    These are just extra single shots that I thought were neat. Still AF-C.

On a side note, the D2X battery is fanastic. I've only shot just over 400 but the battery was charged Monday 4th, been out 4 different days, battery sitting over one week (today Tuesday 12th) and I show only 1 tick drop. D1X would never let me get away with that.

If you want to look at these photos at Clubphoto for better detail-
    http://members6.clubphoto.com/larry512016/3171645/owner-1e4c.phtml

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Larry,

It's kind of hard to tell much from these small versions, but the full size shots on your web site certainly look like they are well focused. I will be interested in seeing the 300 2.8 tests.

Frank

3. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Taking them to full size at clubphoto does make a difference. Not sure how to get them here with better detail. I sized these to 950 width for here when I normally would be at 723 (D2X) or 737 (D1X) but it doesn't seem to improve the details. I was going by NC info to keep width at 960.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Larry,

I don't know either since your hosting site seems to be serving up the full-size images from an http post, not as a .jpg. Maybe you should try smugmug.... 8)

Frank

5. Larry's Horses

Holy macaroni Larry, I pulled up the bigger size on the website and there were the details. The one with the girl on the horse that looks like she is coming right at you was the one I pulled up and the detail in it looks so crisp and sharp that it almost looks 3D. Fantastic job!

I'd say you did a great job and are you sure you didn't get run over by that horse :lol:

6. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Re: Larry's Horses

Lol, this is a training/exercise track. I stay on the outside of the outside rail. It's during the actual Steeplechase (another track) when I'm on the field during the races. The best way to get one or a pack of horses coming at you is to set up on an outside curve and use a long lens.

Someday one of the pony's could be at the Kentucky Derby! Summer Squall came out of this bunch (Dogwood Stables -green and yellow).