1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Affordable bracket?

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by LindaZ, May 17, 2011.

1. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    This might have been asked before but I suck at the Search buttons...

I need an affordable but decent bracket for my D300 plus SB600-900 speedlight

in the $150 range :smile:

2. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Hi Linda I sent you a PM.

3. GH41

GH41

Nov 18, 2008
    HHI
  4. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Ah, yes..sorry. Mostly for my portraiture and wedding work, outside/inside.

5. I had the Joe Demb flash bracket for a couple of years before I bought the RRS Wedding bracket, meets your budget and is very good.

6. A tad late, but you might take a look at the Stroboframe flip flash brackets. Well-made, and will do the job. They sell an accessory anti-twist shoe for flashes, but I just use some velcro and a 1/4 X20 bolt, and nothing twists, ever.

7. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks, yeah not too late yet since I'm broke. lol

Not sure I should buy something when I'm not making any.

But good to know in the future in case I get some biz.

8. WayneF

WayneF

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    Same here, I just use a one inch square of felt fabric between bracket and flash shoe, nothing twists ever.

Might check B&H and Adorama used department, sometimes they have these online. I paid $20 for a fine used Stroboframe flip bracket. If I used it all day every day, then one of the pricy ones would be more convenient, and would seem important. But the flip works fine, gets it done, and is more then plenty for me, I don't use it often.

9. rbellphoto

rbellphoto

Jun 8, 2006
    SoCal
    I use the Stroboframe Press-T bracket for my wedding work. D700 and SB800. It's perfect for me. I find them on Ebay regularly for about $40.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.