Affordable FL Photography Workshop?

Hello, all!

I've been quiet here lately, with all that's going on in my life at the moment, but I have a question and I have no doubt someone here can help.

I have a friend coming down to FL for a summer visit, and for her birthday, I'd like to give her a one day or half day photography workshop, probably on wildlife/bird photography, but it's got to be something affordable. I did see one such half day course offered for $38 as part of a festival, but unfortunately it was a week or two ago, which doesn't help me. :rolleyes:

Personal classes are apparently out of the question, running at $200 and up per person for a half-day.

Does anyone have any suggestions that might help? I would be attending with her, so any price would actually double. I expect she'll be here from mid-June until late July or early August.

Thanks so much!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anyone? Anyone at all? I was sure with all of the Floridians around here, someone would know of something! :frown:

Dawn,

Where in Florida are you? In Melbourne, Southern Photo Supply offers a free introductory class on photography. They are held on Sat. AM from time to time. They introduce people to the basics, but the lessons work on all types of photography. I have a friend who likes taking photos, but doesn't know the basics. She could improve her photos if she understood the concepts of aperture, depth of field, shutter speed, over/under exposure, etc.

Another bonus is the Viera Wetlands aren't real far from there, so you might try a few shots later in the day to practice.

Mike

If you are around the Melbourne area I know someone that may be interested.
Let us know where you are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Mike & Gale!

I'm about 45 minutes west of Orlando, but with a little luck (and nice parents, or good timing with the ex-husband) with finding someone to watch the kids, we might be able to spend the entire day, so travel out of my area might be a possibilitiy.

Please feel free to PM me, or carry on in the thread!

Thanks so much! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom