Affordable FL Photography Workshop?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DM Rosner, Apr 25, 2007.

1. DM Rosner

DM Rosner

Dec 13, 2006
    Hello, all!

I've been quiet here lately, with all that's going on in my life at the moment, but I have a question and I have no doubt someone here can help.

I have a friend coming down to FL for a summer visit, and for her birthday, I'd like to give her a one day or half day photography workshop, probably on wildlife/bird photography, but it's got to be something affordable. I did see one such half day course offered for $38 as part of a festival, but unfortunately it was a week or two ago, which doesn't help me. :rolleyes:

Personal classes are apparently out of the question, running at $200 and up per person for a half-day.

Does anyone have any suggestions that might help? I would be attending with her, so any price would actually double. I expect she'll be here from mid-June until late July or early August.

Thanks so much!!

2. DM Rosner

DM Rosner

Dec 13, 2006
    Anyone? Anyone at all? I was sure with all of the Floridians around here, someone would know of something! :frown:

3. Dawn,

Where in Florida are you? In Melbourne, Southern Photo Supply offers a free introductory class on photography. They are held on Sat. AM from time to time. They introduce people to the basics, but the lessons work on all types of photography. I have a friend who likes taking photos, but doesn't know the basics. She could improve her photos if she understood the concepts of aperture, depth of field, shutter speed, over/under exposure, etc.

Another bonus is the Viera Wetlands aren't real far from there, so you might try a few shots later in the day to practice.

Mike

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    If you are around the Melbourne area I know someone that may be interested.
    Let us know where you are.

5. DM Rosner

DM Rosner

Dec 13, 2006
    Thanks, Mike & Gale!

I'm about 45 minutes west of Orlando, but with a little luck (and nice parents, or good timing with the ex-husband) with finding someone to watch the kids, we might be able to spend the entire day, so travel out of my area might be a possibilitiy.

Please feel free to PM me, or carry on in the thread!

Thanks so much! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2007