Afraid of the D3...

Discussion in 'People' started by Dave, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    So I rented a D3 and the 24-70 f/2.8 for a week earlier this month and I was out in front of my house taking shots of flowers when my neighbors walked by with their new little baby Hudson (I think he's about 14 months). So I snapped off a couple of shots of him...but he didn't take to kindly to the large D3 and 24-70 staring back at him...so 3 shots was all I got.

1)
    [​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]

3)
    [​IMG]

2. Ahhh, don't be Skeered :) 

3. hahahaaa! You can see the tide turning already in #3. :biggrin:

4. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    That's what I said! :smile:

Yes, the tide was turning awfully fast...so I decided to curb the photography and just chit chat...

5. Unless you can do better with your d300, you should probably check your deoderant and mouthwash, Dave. Then work on your bedside manner. ;-)

What was the verdict on the rentals?

6. THat's the way most all kids react to me - camera or not!

So what's the verdict? You gonna get the combo?

Don

7. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Well Frank, I had been outside most of the day and was kinda sweaty. :biggrin:

As for the rentals...I think I will definitely stick with the D300 for now and keep it paired with the 17-55. I like the D3, but the body is HUGE compared to the D50 I used to own and now the D300. I got used to it after a couple of days, but I was feeling it in my arms towards the end of those days. I think the D700 actually would be perfect for me as I would use it mostly for lowlight stuff and then use my D300 for wildlife and sports (for the reach). I think the D700 and the D300 together would be the perfect pair...

I hear ya Don...I get that reaction sometimes too from kids.

I definitely think I will get a D700 in the future just to have the high ISO capabilities and an FX camera. I think the size of it will be better for me and my wife, as well as my wallet. :biggrin:

Thanks for looking guys...

8. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I know the feeling...I was scared of my Canon when I got it - uhhhh ohhh I said the C word - can I still post here?

Those images are extremely sharp. Wow nice.

9. Yea... one time I used the C word here on my post got removed from admin:mad: 

10. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    He didn't like you too much...but the set- up sure liked him. Incredible clarity.

11. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Yes you can still post here...it's not the equipment it's the photographer! Thanks for looking!

Thanks Linda...yes the D3 does have some amazing clarity...and I think he liked me, just not the big black thing pointing at him. :biggrin:

12. artona

artona

Jul 9, 2008
    UK
    Hi

:biggrin::biggrin: So we are a little kid in a puschair, its hot, all I want is a drink and ceebeebees to watch on TV and mum stops to talk to this big man who towers over me shaking sweat all over me and then sticking a big camera in my face. As I look up I see ME in the big round glass thingy and the shock makes me cry.

He then blames his camera - thats photographers for ya kid

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

stew

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.