African Grey Parrot Hatching

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Parrotman, Aug 10, 2008.

1. they DO fascinate me
    great thread
    wonderful images

2. Cool series! It never ceases to amaze me that such ugly little things can grow up so beautiful....

3. Geej

Geej

Aug 11, 2005
    Northern Colorado
    Wonderful series. How many eggs does the African Grey usually lay?

4. oscarzan

oscarzan

Aug 7, 2008
    Miami, Florida
    Wonderful images of these great birds. I used to breed them about 10 years ago until some one broke into my yard and stole my three breeding pairs.

Thank you for your pics.
    They are a lot of hard work.
    Congrats

5. john,
    thanks for adding these
    just wonderful images, rarely seen at THE CAFE

6. Boy, I remember those middle of the night feedings for the two babies I cared for. I kept one and he is 15 now. I had forgotten how ugly they can be at birth...LOL Thanks for the pics.

7. Hi Gloria,

Can vary but anywhere between 2-4 eggs per clutch. Our pairs generally breed once a year although the past couple of years some of them have bred twice.

No guarantee they will definitely breed as it all depends on the particular ' set-up ' the breeder has, weather ( it does'nt have to be hot - ours prefer the colder/cooler weather ), and of course a well balanced diet.

An expensive hobby ( as indeed most hobbies are ) but very satisfying.

Regards John

8. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    I am sorry to hear that you lost your birds. I have 2 cockatiels, a sun conure and a special needs parakeet. I would be devastated if I lost my fids (feathered kids) they are the song in my heart everyday.