African Iris

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Kevin Scott, May 8, 2005.

1. Taken with the 80-200 f2.8. Shot f4.8 @ 200mm. I've always loved these even though they're used as a common landscaping plant. I was on my way home from a park and stopped to take these. My wife called so I kept shooting while talking to her. This is one of the results! :wink:

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice Kevin,

Is that the one that grows wild everywhere ???

I think they are very pretty.

Good Job. Very artistic as Jacki mentioned.

3. Wow, Jacki, thanks for that great compliment. It means a lot to me. I always was one of those "center of the frame" picture takers so I've really been trying to think through my subject before shooting and trying to pay attention to composition. Your kind words encourage me to continue and improve.

4. Hi Gale,
    Not sure if they're wild locally. It seems that I see them in every home's landscaping and any new shopping centers that go up. I've grown fond of them because they remind me of the real irises my mother used to grow up north.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Kevin,

OHHHH the ones my Grandpa used to grow. He grew everythig.

Up north yes..

6. The first owner of our home plantedAfrican Irises all around the front and back yards. I've had to dig up dozens of them
    because they over grew the spaces they were planted in, but I love the blossoms. That's a lovely specimen, Kevin
    and a nice background, The bokeh is sweet, too.