After 20 months I have my sight back.

Due to cataracts in both eyes for the last 20 months I have been basically without my sight, but now, after 2 extremely successful operations I have been to collect my glasses today and 'eureka' I can see again.:biggrin:

So I can now catch up on my reading without the use of a hand held magnifer or the use of Microsoft's own magnifier.

They are multifocal, not varifocal and cost a small fortune. $980.:eek::eek: but hopefully they will be worth it. So no more typos through not being able to see the keyboard. In future any wrong spellings can be put down to my ignorance.:biggrin::biggrin:

Best wishes. Bob F.

OMG! That means you can actually see all our posts and pictures.............:Crunk:

...and you can see yourself in the mirror? Must be a shock! :Crunk::biggrin:

fks

hi bob-

glad that you're able to see better again, but $980 for a set of glasses? :eek: i guess you can think of them as a new lens :wink:

ricky

Great Bob,
My mother too has cataracts, so I can really understand your happiness. Her problem is that our (single: unique and not married) uncle is living with her and my father and it's completely spoiling their wedding life. My father has never been able to cook by himself, despite the fact he faced much more difficult proofs in his life. However, without her and being my brother and me quite far (over 100 miles me, even 250 my brother) he would be lost, so she's waiting for my uncle to go away.
It has been a pain for me hearing my mother admitting while looking through the viewfinder of my camera: "Sorry, but I just can't focus. "... So, welcome back, Bob!

OMG! That means you can actually see all our posts and pictures.............
...and you can see yourself in the mirror? Must be a shock!
Good grief, do I need to take them back?

I can see that you are from GERMANY. Harry S said that we had a German with a sense of humour but I thought that he was 'loosing his marbles' in his old age. Obviously not.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

glad that you're able to see better again, but $980 for a set of glasses? i guess you can think of them as a new lens
How right you are. At least I can now see through the lenses I own.

Bob F.

Bob, I'm truly glad for you... no matter the cost! But darn it, now you'll know I'm not really 29!
Jarrell

What good news Bob. One of my early memories is of my great-grandfather in hospital after having his cataracts done at the age of 90, so there is plenty of life left in you!
Normal transmission is now resumed so you can see the black boat in front, anything else you will need to visit the surgeon again as it will be an optical malfunction!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom