After all the years I succumbed, got me a "Beast"

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Frits, Aug 12, 2008.

1. After several years of being very satisfied with the Nikkor AF 35-70mm f/2.8D, I just got me a reasonable deal on an AF-S 28-70mm f/2.8.

I was partly motivated by the very good images in the Cafe lately shot with this lens (of course the person behind the lens does make a difference...).

I am looking forward to take this "Beast" through its paces. It'd better be as good as y'all claim it is!! :smile::smile:

2. I can't wait to see what you do with that lens...as for the person behind the camera, I don't think you have to worry about that department. You just said "y'all"! It does roll off the tongue easily, doesn't it?

3. Way to go, Frits.

Agree with Mason.

4. Great lens! Had mine for several years and it was one that stayed on the camera more than any other.

5. I thank that is a great lens. It is the lens I use most of the time and it has never failed to deliver IQ. Although I don't carry it around my neck, it is my go to lens.

6. Frits....
    congratulations on your wise choice
    the combo of YOUR skill and THAT lens.... will be awesome.... i have NO doubt

7. I love mine - especially on the D700!

[​IMG]

8. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine
    Congrats Frits, you've just bought one of the best. I love mine.

9. stamp22

stamp22

Mar 15, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Congrat to you.
    I am still saving for mine :-(

10. VoidRaven

VoidRaven

Jul 13, 2006
    Lagrange, OH
    Is it pretty safe to assume that the only way to find an "original" 28-70 is used? Or might I luck up at some non-mainstream photo store and find a new one lingering? I've been debating about this or the newer 24-70.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.