After the Ice Storm

We were hit with a lot of rain that turned to ice/snow overnight. I went out the next afternoon and there were a lot of ice covered trees. This one was my favorite. I feel like I am missing something that could make these better, any suggestions?? Crop out more sky in #1 and probably could have waited for clouds to pass in #2 so there would be more blue backround at the top of the tree ??

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
I would suggest something different:
I think #1 would be a real stunning photo, if you had waited till the sky behind it was completely blue ( and maybe using a polarizer to get the blue even bluer). Of course I presume this was possible and while waiting, you yourself didn't turn blue:biggrin:!

Nice set Bill ....
my daugher attends SUNY New Paltz so I know they got some ice as well ...
I'll think she'll be surprised Friday when we go down to bring her home for a quick weekend visit and from little snow down there to over 18" on the ground here ...

ron

Ice can be a real pain when it comes to driving, but it does look nice on the trees. I live right across the river from Poughkeepsie and we had the same thing over here. After 2 days we still have ice on the trees in the hills behind my neighborhood. looks real nice late afternoon when the sun hits it just right.

I like the first photo the best, but I would like to see more of the field to the right of the tree in the frame. I do like how the image looks up the road rather than viewing the road from the side as in the other 2 images.

Great images Bill. I live in eastern part in India. There is no chance of such ice storm. I never felt these. Your shots gives me the idea of the fact. Great series. Love the series.

I would suggest something different:
I think #1 would be a real stunning photo, if you had waited till the sky behind it was completely blue ( and maybe using a polarizer to get the blue even bluer). Of course I presume this was possible and while waiting, you yourself didn't turn blue:biggrin:!
Thanks Rob, honestly I haven't done much landscape stuff yet and I really didn't notice how much better a blue sky would have shown the tree untill I got home. Lesson learned.

Nice set Bill ....
my daugher attends SUNY New Paltz so I know they got some ice as well ...
I'll think she'll be surprised Friday when we go down to bring her home for a quick weekend visit and from little snow down there to over 18" on the ground here ...

ron
Thanks Ron, now why would you want to do that to that poor girl?? My sister-in-law is from Baldwinsville near syracuse and they got hammered too. I don't know how you guys do it.

Great images Bill. I live in eastern part in India. There is no chance of such ice storm. I never felt these. Your shots gives me the idea of the fact. Great series. Love the series.
Thank You Anindyanuri, It's actually quite beautiful after an ice storm here although after a long hard winter like we have had this year, I'm not so sure many people could see this storm that way.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom