1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

After the planes...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JPS, Sep 26, 2005.

1. ...passed over the buildings !

Just for fun, i tried to purposely frame this one as though there will be NO symetriy, and no vertical or horizontal lines at all...

Fuji S2 with Tamron SP28-75 @ 28mm. - 1:125 @ f/4
    Post-process: slight Levels, uncropped, only resized from 4256-2848 pix. *.JPG. That's all !

Does it "work" for you ?

49840980.DSCF6965_w.
    FinePixS2Pro    ---    28mm    f/4.0    1/125s    ISO 100

PS. i had some comments about "subliminal 911 visual reference"... I can assure you that i haven't thought of it before ! ...but hey, i hope nobody will consider it as beiing "not politically correct" !?!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2005
  2. It is working Jean-Pierre... especially if it works for you, too!!! :wink:

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Honestly, the first thought that came to mind was "the twin towers" but I would never believe your image to be politically distasteful. This image was shot at an optimal time of day, I would guess dusk. The reflections off the glass and the color saturation of the sky is quite pleasing. Just for the heck of it, clone in a huge full moon...would be a neat addition to a very nice image.

4. Like that, you mean ?

49850593.moon.
    FinePixS2Pro    ---    28mm    f/4.0    1/125s    ISO 100

BTW, it was indeed shot at the end of the afternoon !

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Now, I like that very much. It wasn't as though your original image was lacking anything, but I thought a full moon would be a nice addition. I like it very much...how about you?

6. Yaaa, I like the moon also. Interesting series of lines and shapes. Like the small lights at the bottom.

7. Hi Frank !
    I can't decide wether i like it with the moon or not... what stikes me is that the moon is the only rounded shape in the image... the rest are lines going in all directions... Well, anyway, i'm quite pleased with myself on how i included that moon behind the clouds :smile: !

Hi Gordon !
    These lights were a big part of what made me shoot that image, else it surely would have only been a few solid black boxes, and the whole image would'n have been worth a "click-clack" :frown: !

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2005
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.