After The Rain.

This shot was taken in my sister's backyard in the suburbs of Atlanta. There was a brisk storm and when it was over I went out to the backyard to see what I could find. There was still plenty of water from the rain hanging on the leaves and flowers.
I used my D70S with a 55-200 kit lens. Because of the low contrast I used my SB-600 in camera for fill cutting the light by 1.7 stops.
Original RAW with tweaking of levels and sharpening was all that was required. Converted from Adobe RGB to sRGB for the Web.
The lens was set to 200mm.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Nice job on the lighting. I also like the color and saturation you achieved. The droplets appear just a little OOF, unless it's my old eyes and monitor. If you were handholding the camera, it becomes very difficult, at least for me, to maintain focus. Thanks for sharing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I focused my D70S on the drops of rain, locked focus and then moved the camera for the composition. If somebody is at fault here that is me.
By the way, when printed the drops appear actually sharper than they are here.
I bet your eyes are not older than mine!
Thank you for your comments.
William.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom