1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

After The Rain.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by camerapapi, Jul 21, 2008.

1. This shot was taken in my sister's backyard in the suburbs of Atlanta. There was a brisk storm and when it was over I went out to the backyard to see what I could find. There was still plenty of water from the rain hanging on the leaves and flowers.
    I used my D70S with a 55-200 kit lens. Because of the low contrast I used my SB-600 in camera for fill cutting the light by 1.7 stops.
    Original RAW with tweaking of levels and sharpening was all that was required. Converted from Adobe RGB to sRGB for the Web.
    The lens was set to 200mm.

Rain.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

2. Nice job on the lighting. I also like the color and saturation you achieved. The droplets appear just a little OOF, unless it's my old eyes and monitor. If you were handholding the camera, it becomes very difficult, at least for me, to maintain focus. Thanks for sharing.

3. I focused my D70S on the drops of rain, locked focus and then moved the camera for the composition. If somebody is at fault here that is me.
    By the way, when printed the drops appear actually sharper than they are here.
    I bet your eyes are not older than mine!
    Thank you for your comments.
    William.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.