Afternoon delight

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Frits, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Charlo takes an afternoon nap in the cool shade.
    Just trying out my new Ai-S 85mm f/1.4

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 85mm f/1.4 (natural light, wide open)
    original.

2. A cat's life doesn't get much better than that. Nice use of DOF.

3. Hi Frits

Nice pic!

Do you prefer this version to the AF?

JohnG

4. Thanks John!
    I don't know yet, I just got it and only have shot a handful of snaps with it (also a quick portrait of Anne in the people forum).
    To be sure, the AF version is absolutely outstanding. It is my appreciation for Ai(S) lenses that made me change, I like manual focusing so much better.
    I like what I see so far. The feeling of the lens and its smooth focusing is outstanding. I doubt that in practice I will see a whole lot of difference.

5. Thanks Frits
    I do remember you mentioning once about 'switching' to primes ............... guess the Ais is a logical extension of that move. "Purity of design".................. :biggrin:

Looking forward to more pics.
    JohnG

6. I have just one AF lens left (180mm f/2.8D, it is really that good :smile:) .
    For the rest all my lenses are Ai(S) prime lenses of very high quality (from 20 to 400mm). Love 'em!

7. Ooohhhhh Frits! What a beauty! Love that cat, love that photo, and the lens? Well, when you get tired of it, send it my way! :wink::rolleyes: :biggrin:

8. Ah! Just found this, Frits. You took to the lens like duck to water, didn't you? That's a very fine image of a very fine feline! :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.