Agave shots (warning, lots of pics)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by manzico, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Here are some Agave shots I've collected over the years:

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

I know it's a lot of pics, but what do you think?

Dave

2. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Very nice pictures - I really love them! Never thought that the Agave can be such a sensual subject. Thanks for sharing them!

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Very nice study on that repeating shape Dave. Even though many of your monochrome shots are similar, the fractal look they add up to really compliments the mystique of this magical plant.

Take yourself a couple shots of tequila and say that again (three times fast. ;) )

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I was just thinking about a Margarita when I saw your posting about Agave! Yummy!!! It really is a beautiful plant. Thanks for sharing.

5. it was a fun study....

Some of the shots were taken on different occasions, but you guys were correct is spotting the similarities of several of the monochrome shots. The day I took those, there were few clouds and fairly harsh lighting so I decided to give myself an asignment which was to take advantage of the harsh light and see what I could do texturally. I found this giant artichoke agave and shot away, trying several things. It was really a lot of fun. Thanks for the comments.

Dave

6. WOW...very nice. I really like the second to the last shot!! :D :D