Ai-S 35mm f/1.4 - gotta love it

I got this lens last winter. Frankly, after my first quick test shots I was (much!!) less then impressed (I had a thread on that in the Cafe at the time).
Then it slowly grew on me...
Today I consider it to be my favorite lens. It is very versatile and I use it in many circumstances.

It is impossible for me to compare today, but I believe that the dissatisfaction is related to my then body (a D1x - great in most every way, but maybe not a good fit for this lens, dunno...). Also, my copy has a bit of an issue (many tiny bubble like spots inside near the circumference of the front element). Maybe it affects the image at times - again I don't know and frankly, I don't care about it any more.
Now I just enjoy this beautiful piece of glass whenever I pick it up, which is very often!

Here just fooling around with it wide open.

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 35mm f/1.4 (wide open, available light)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

N

Nuteshack

wow...what's not to like about that? ...SAWeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Hat's off to you!

I'm taking my similar lens out tomorrow to find flowers and cats. I"d forgotten about this great lens.

Thanks for sharing.

Great pic Frits, the cat is feeling at ease I wish I could gently pet her/him around her/him ears.
I love cats.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Removed User 2

Frits, I knew the lens was good. It was a question of time until you'd "understand" it :Wink:

I'm always glad to see you putting it to great use!

What about teh 24 f2?

P

patrickh41

Lovely Frits - really gets the best from that fine lens. I also agree with NB23 - take a look at the 24/2 if you do not already have it. I have also recently tried the 85/2 and find it amazingly close to the 1.4 in its treatment of skin and OOF areas

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom