1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Air time... is this working??? please give me some feedback on the idea..

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Flyfishdk, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi all

I made this series of pictures of my "house" model Natalie last night. I just not sure if it's working... I really have mixed feelings about this.. I don't know why but there is somthing...

Please give me your opinion about it :) 

_DSC3615-Edit.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC3613-Edit.jpg

_DSC3632-Edit.jpg

_DSC3702-Edit.jpg

and her a pic of the setup... 1 big bowens flashhead with a beautydisc and a SB900
    _DSC3621.jpg

2. dx379

dx379

Jul 9, 2008
    Tulsa, OK
    I like them - really cool idea. Is it just me or is there a masking problem on the very first one on her foot?

Jonny

3. I really dig the second from the last one, holding the umbrella. Cool concept. You pulled it off well.

4. cr2596

cr2596

Aug 20, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Make #3 look like #1, and you may have a winner.

5. That is very cool! Both in concept and the way you pulled it off.

6. TRock

TRock Guest

Agreed with CR2596.
    Creative setup and original idea.

7. Now that is a great series. Well thought out, and executed. Kudos to you. I'll bet she was almost ready to toss her cookies after THAT photoshoot. :smile:

8. Smason

Smason

Jan 6, 2009
    DFW, Texas
    I really like what you've done here. I especially like the one with the umbrella, nice work

9. I like it better in color where you can see the colors of dusk. I feel like there's too much going on in the umbrella one.. with the patterns on the umbrella and dress and the stars. I think you could take this idea with an umbrella though.. maybe a solid color like red or something? I'm not sure if it's possible but if you could get her higher in the frame, I think the composition would look better. Anyway, I like these.

10. All I know is that #4 is great! I prefer the color ones.

11. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    I like #4 and prefer the color ones.

12. Kudos for a great concept in addition to doing it so well on the first try!

Sean

13. Hagen

Hagen

Dec 18, 2008
    San Diego
    wow very cool Idea you got going on.

14. zivilyn861

zivilyn861

Mar 21, 2009
    Atlanta
    Very well done! I definitely prefer the color ones--seems to lend a lot more mood to the shot for me.

15. Koran

Koran

Feb 9, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    I like 2 & 3. For some reason I didnt like the facial expression or lightness on the umbrella one. I feel like if she was looking up or if there was less light on her face, I dont know, cant put my finger on it but my fav is 3.

16. heball

heball

Jul 22, 2009
    Sidney, OH
    #1 reminded me of the parable of biblical ascension with her focus into the heavenly light with a smile upon her face. #2 seemed to take me into a theatre setting, #3 reminded me of tossing and turning on my pillow at night, only she's turning in the clouds. They're all great shots! They truly allow the imagination to flow. Outstanding!

17. lf911sc

lf911sc

Jun 15, 2008
    Monmouth, NJ
    Prefer the color shots, just seem to work better.

Something about the umbrella, too Mary Poppins?

18. Yes it's working very well. Good concept.

19. ABrownPhoto

ABrownPhoto

May 3, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I think these are great. Personally 3 and 4 are much better than the first two, but I am unsure if it is because I prefer color vs B/W or the poses.... but I'd say this idea works!

Thanks for the setup shot!

20. #4 is inspired. Can I use it? :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.