Air time... is this working??? please give me some feedback on the idea..

Hi all

I made this series of pictures of my "house" model Natalie last night. I just not sure if it's working... I really have mixed feelings about this.. I don't know why but there is somthing...

Please give me your opinion about it :)

_DSC3615-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC3613-Edit.jpg

_DSC3632-Edit.jpg

_DSC3702-Edit.jpg

and her a pic of the setup... 1 big bowens flashhead with a beautydisc and a SB900
_DSC3621.jpg

I like them - really cool idea. Is it just me or is there a masking problem on the very first one on her foot?

Jonny

Now that is a great series. Well thought out, and executed. Kudos to you. I'll bet she was almost ready to toss her cookies after THAT photoshoot. :smile:

I like it better in color where you can see the colors of dusk. I feel like there's too much going on in the umbrella one.. with the patterns on the umbrella and dress and the stars. I think you could take this idea with an umbrella though.. maybe a solid color like red or something? I'm not sure if it's possible but if you could get her higher in the frame, I think the composition would look better. Anyway, I like these.

I like 2 & 3. For some reason I didnt like the facial expression or lightness on the umbrella one. I feel like if she was looking up or if there was less light on her face, I dont know, cant put my finger on it but my fav is 3.

#1 reminded me of the parable of biblical ascension with her focus into the heavenly light with a smile upon her face. #2 seemed to take me into a theatre setting, #3 reminded me of tossing and turning on my pillow at night, only she's turning in the clouds. They're all great shots! They truly allow the imagination to flow. Outstanding!

I think these are great. Personally 3 and 4 are much better than the first two, but I am unsure if it is because I prefer color vs B/W or the poses.... but I'd say this idea works!

Thanks for the setup shot!

Latest threads

Top Bottom