Aircraft Design

For those who ever wondered where some of the design ideas for jet aircraft come from, I think I've found one. This humpback whale tail reminds me of the tail of the DC9-MD80 series of jet airlines:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I think we are looking at the same whale! here is a tail shot that I took on the 24th of June.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Different ones, yours is Sedge, mine is Pinball. The biggest difference is in the underside, where the markings are as individual as our fingerprints.

Baywing said:
Different ones, yours is Sedge, mine is Pinball. The biggest difference is in the underside, where the markings are as individual as our fingerprints.
Thanks for the info. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Twig,
Yes, and several dozen more. The patterns on the underside of the tail flukes are as individual to a humpback as fingerprints to a human, and much more recognizable. There are about 1200 identified humpbacks in the Gulf of Maine area, I've seen several dozen, maybe 50-70 individuals. Many of them have very easy fluke patterns to remember, others I have to look up.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom