Airfield at Dawn

While this is not a conventional landscape, I took the picture specifically to capture the quiet stillness of this combined civilian/military airfield just at dawn, before any activity started. I think I succeeded in capturing the light, but your criticism and critique are always welcome.

5:53am: Barnes Airfield, Westfield, MA
Nikon D300, Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II LD Asp IF, 1/250s f/5.6 at 17.0mm iso200
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Harry, you also captured the stillness of the morning. The lack of bright light; no people bustling around; perfect. Well done!

Harry, you also captured the stillness of the morning. The lack of bright light; no people bustling around; perfect. Well done!

Then it captured what I wanted it to, Lyndee. Thanks for your comments.

The lighting, especially on the tarmac, is perfect for that time of day. I also agree with capturing the morning stillness. Well done. :smile:

And another makes two....thanks, Weebles.

Two +1 make three. Thanks, Les.

This is a beautiful shot. I know this airbase well. I've attended a few airshows there. I'm located about 4 hours drive north of there in North Central VT.

Were you caught in that horrendous 10 hour traffic jam at last year's airshow, Gary? I managed to avoid it using some "escape routes" but nearly was caught up in it. Show weekends are quite a bit different from this shot, eh?

great shot and that tamron 17-50 shines!!

Yep, buddy, it sure does. I have no compunction of using it in place of my primes, and at the wide end I feel no need to even own primes.

Very nice quiet morning, Harry. Like the way the light plays here.

Thanks, Rob. That is the ulitimate compliment to me, as you are a master of light.

Nope didn't get caught in any jams other than the usual hour wait to get out of the parking area. I've been to enough shows now that I know most of the ways in and out.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom