Airshow pics from Labor day

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by gaikwad_us, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Hi,

Some Airshow pics for you from Cleveland,OH. Shot on Labor day with a D200, 70-200VR, 300f4 AFS in combination with TC14EII. Any comments,critiques welcome.

original.gif
    View attachment 247134
    View attachment 247135

Click on each image to see the optimum sized image. Pardon the dust on my sensor, I should clean it one of these days.

Thanks,

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice photography, that #213 F/A 18 flew the Chicago show in August as well. Thanks for sharing your shots.

3. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Very nice captures!!!

4. Thank You, Frank. Yes, that F/A 18 is an awesome bird. Did they fly the F-22 Raptor in Chicago ? I would have loved to capture it.

Thanks again,

5. Thank you, Mark.

6. Nice shots, Sanjay

You were in a good position for lighting on these. The composition is very nice, and I love the vapor trails over the wings on those first two.

The Blue Angles were here earlier this year and put on a great show.

7. Thanks Alan, and you did a great job as well - I looked up your link, and the last one on the first page <7796> is a fantastic shot.

Thanks,

8. I shot one day of the Chicago Air Show with Frank so I'll butt in here :)

The F-22 made an appearance in Chicago and was it impressive! It did things that I didn't know fixed wing planes could do!

Great captures by the way Sanjay!

9. Thanks, jecamera. I am sure it was a treat to watch the Raptor.

Thanks,

10. nice shots, sanjay
    well shot

thanks for sharing them with us

11. Thank you, Greg. I am still new here, if you don't mind me asking, what is that thing in your Avatar ? Looks like some kind of a gadget, just curious.

Thanks,

12. Nice shots! We should have met up since I was there Sunday. I think that is part of Greg's BMW Bike

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Yes, the Raptor was there in all it's glory.....

101719308.gif

14. Wow ! that is an amazing capture, Frank.

Thanks,

15. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
  16. Nice! Love to see the f-18's with the after burners lit. That's a quick way to trim a few pounds of fuel..............

Cheers

Ted:smile:

17. Thanks Shane, if you ever come to Ann Arbor, let me know.

18. Beautiful images! Thank you for sharing them!

Bill

19. andyman_1970

andyman_1970

Apr 2, 2008
    Arkansas
    All your shots are awesome. I personally like the shot of the Superhornet pulling up but I'm biased. Cleveland is a great airshow from a photography perspective, the sun is at your back all day. I was able to go there several times in the early 90's back in my film days and really enjoyed that venue.

I use the D200, 70-200VR and 300 f/4 AFS combo myself with both the TC-14EII and -17EII and have had good luck with that combo. I'd love to get a 200-400 but I just can't part with $5k right now........LOL