Alabama wildflowers

Every year about this time we go to central Alabama for an annual family gathering at the old home place in the country. I always enjoy seeing and photographing the wildflowers that are beginning to bloom down there.

#1 ordinary violet:

1218304626_qGBf3-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Oxalis (sorrel) and butterfly:

1218304627_uLDZo-O.jpg

#3 Sessile trillium (aka "little sweet Betsy"):
1218304625_7yzoo-O.jpg

All made with the D7000 and Nikkor 85/3.5VR micro. I thought it was excellent with the D90, but with the D7000 it really sings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, I've come to look forward to your spring Alabama trips -- I know it's time for me to sharpen my wildflower eye:wink: [I have spotted a couple of plants poking through, but, of course, no flowers yet.]

These are excellent. That's as open as I've ever found the sessile trillium bloom, and the butterfly is a totally new one for me.

Beautiful detail in all of them Jim, especially the violet.

Thanks, Pam. Good camera, lens, and tripod do the trick.

#3 is most interesting for me, nice camera work.

Thanks, Jeff

Jim, I've come to look forward to your spring Alabama trips -- I know it's time for me to sharpen my wildflower eye:wink: [I have spotted a couple of plants poking through, but, of course, no flowers yet.]

These are excellent. That's as open as I've ever found the sessile trillium bloom, and the butterfly is a totally new one for me.

Thanks, Bob. I was setting up my tripod to photograph the Oxalis and the butterfly flew right in. I have no name for it either.

Considering today is St. Patricks day, I love #2.

Love all three, but the colors in #1 & #2 really hold the promise of Spring!

Thanks, Dean and Dossy.

Nice shots.
I had to look at #2 again as I missed the butterfly thinking it was a flower. :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom