Alaska, Denali NP #2 [long post]

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by obelix, Jul 17, 2005.

1. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
  2. Well done Anand (in this and the other post, part #1)! I find your use of the long lens for landscapes very a-propos to catch the various plays of light and textures. You've got some great stuff in here, and your blog (read it all, so far) is very enjoyable! 8) ;-)

I totally understand your frustration with carrying the gear, the park restrictions and the family duties... I think the best set-up for Alaska is just 2 lenses, a 12-24 and the absolute longest one is willing to deal with (maybe 300 f/4), with perhaps a TC on it.

3. Great shots, once again, Anand. I especially like the Road to Denali and the grizzly shot!

4. Again fantastic the Road to Denali is fabulous

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Another great series, Anand! Thanks for posting - I remember many of those scenes from my trip last summer -- it's a beautiful place.

6. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks again, all. I appreciate the warm comments.

Phillipe, I owned a 300mm f/4 lens a while ago. I could not hand hold it safely under 1/1000 sec :(

What we need is VR built into all long lenses, most of my tele photo shots won't have worked without VR.