Alaska, Some more train

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by obelix, Jul 18, 2005.

1. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
  2. Anand,

Love those too, particularly the first one! 8) So how close was the blue train in the second pic to get all your gear (and your head!)?? :shock:

3. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Philippe

Thanks again.

I think I was just a foot from my train :D. 12mm did the rest.

I posted some wildlife photos in the birds / animals forum today.

anand

4. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Another nice couple of shots, Anand! Looks like you had a great trip to Alaska. :D :D

Did you get to see this view of Mt McKinley/Denali from the train in either direction?

We had a glorious day for our train ride last year and got this view from about 50-60 miles away from the mountain as I recall.

5. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Ooh, that is a glorious shot.

No, I did not see the great one from the train at all :(

I think you see it only if you are in the Denali to Fairbanks train, isn't it? I only did Anchorage - Denali - Anchorage.

6. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Anand - that shot was taken on the Denali-Anchorage ride. That's the only section where you get a view of the great one from the train. It's not visible on the Fairbanks to Denali ride. This is a veiw that less than 5% of the visitors to Alaska get to see since the mountain is usually shrowded by clouds most of the summer. We were very lucky!!

7. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Ah, I see. You *were* lucky.

I now remember the guide talking about Mt. Denali and all we saw were clouds :D

8. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    Anand #1 is my favorite one but I like them all. So how was your Alaska trip?
    How many thousands photos have you brought back?
    Thanks for sharing.
    Shahed
    :D

9. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Oops

Sorry I missed the post, Shahed.

I brought back some 1800 photos, but had about 150 good ones. I was actually quite happy with the result given that I was on a moving platform (boat, train, bus) most of the time :).

anand

10. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Oops

Sorry I missed the post, Shahed.

I brought back some 1800 photos, but had about 150 good ones. I was actually quite happy with the result given that I was on a moving platform (boat, train, bus) most of the time :).

anand