Alaskan pics (4 images)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by GaryW, May 31, 2005.

1. GaryW

GaryW Guest

I just got back from a cruise to Alaska's Inside Passage (I highly recommend it) and wanted to post a few of the pictures.

I hope I can embed them OK. Thanks for looking.
    two-sea-otters.
    Eagle-in-flight.
    Bear.
    breeching.

2. Gary

Really nice photos! I especially like the sea otter and the Humpback. It looks like you got quite close to them.

What ship were you on? What lenses were you using?

Bob

3. Looks like you ventured into interesting territory! Those sea otters are so cute!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Oh, Patrick and I have always talked about going to Alaska....tell us all about your trip, if you don't mind! And many more pictures!!!!

5. GaryW

GaryW Guest

Thanks, folks.

Bob - I used a Nikon 70-200VR with a Kenko 2xTC on my D-100 for those pictures. I sure could have used some more telephoto, especially on the humpbacks. Alaska has a law forbidding you from encroaching less than 100 yards from a humpback. I might trade in my 70-200 for an 80-400VR.

Leigh - thanks. I do recommend an Alaskan trip highly. I would like to stay a couple of months. I posted some more pictures on my website at:

http://willsononline.com/alaska

Gary

6. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Thanks for the shots - a great preview for my upcoming trip....

We're going the end of August on the Radisson Seven Seas Mariner, 7 days from Whittier, Alaska to Vancouver.

7. Wow

that would be a trip of a lifetime.............the whale shot is phenomenal. And that bear, think I have seen him somewhere before, glad he was a vegetarian too! :lol:

Nice series!!!!

8. Gary,

Must have been a wonderful trip.

I do like the sea otters best!

Thanks for sharing.

9. HOW IN THE WORLD??? I love the bald eagle shot.....WONDERFUL!! The whale in action is terrific!! :D :D :D :D

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gary,

they are great. so glad you had a wonderful cruise and this experienc. How great is that. Wish I could do it.

Nice shots. How exciting.....

11. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Wow, Gary, great shots! You got a lot luckier with the wildlife than I did on my cruise tour last year. You obviously did a better job selecting your shore excursions!