Alaskan pics (4 images)

G

GaryW

I just got back from a cruise to Alaska's Inside Passage (I highly recommend it) and wanted to post a few of the pictures.

I hope I can embed them OK. Thanks for looking.
two-sea-otters.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Eagle-in-flight.jpg

Bear.jpg

breeching.jpg

Gary

Really nice photos! I especially like the sea otter and the Humpback. It looks like you got quite close to them.

What ship were you on? What lenses were you using?

Bob

Oh, Patrick and I have always talked about going to Alaska....tell us all about your trip, if you don't mind! And many more pictures!!!!

G

GaryW

Thanks, folks.

Bob - I used a Nikon 70-200VR with a Kenko 2xTC on my D-100 for those pictures. I sure could have used some more telephoto, especially on the humpbacks. Alaska has a law forbidding you from encroaching less than 100 yards from a humpback. I might trade in my 70-200 for an 80-400VR.

Leigh - thanks. I do recommend an Alaskan trip highly. I would like to stay a couple of months. I posted some more pictures on my website at:

http://willsononline.com/alaska

Gary

K

Ken-L

Thanks for the shots - a great preview for my upcoming trip....

We're going the end of August on the Radisson Seven Seas Mariner, 7 days from Whittier, Alaska to Vancouver.

Wow

that would be a trip of a lifetime.............the whale shot is phenomenal. And that bear, think I have seen him somewhere before, glad he was a vegetarian too! :lol:

Nice series!!!!

H

Harrie Gerrits

Gary,

Must have been a wonderful trip.

I do like the sea otters best!

Thanks for sharing.

Gary,

they are great. so glad you had a wonderful cruise and this experienc. How great is that. Wish I could do it.

Nice shots. How exciting.....

Wow, Gary, great shots! You got a lot luckier with the wildlife than I did on my cruise tour last year. You obviously did a better job selecting your shore excursions!

Latest threads

Top Bottom