Alcatraz Island and Koit Tower

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by lr0868, Aug 23, 2008.

1. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    haha mispelled Coit Tower

I was out and about today and took these pics. Any feedback is appreciated. I have only done a few HDR's so I am new to them so let me know if you think this is too dark or if it is off in anyway.

Both taken with the 70-300VR

thanks for looking

DSC_1530_2_32.

a skyline with Koit Tower and the Transamerica Building

DSC_16592.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
  2. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    glad I clicked that little yellow thing , one week 60 views no feedback:rolleyes: 

though I guess that is my feedback..it is not good enough to warrant feedback.

3. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Actually, I never did see this - sorry!! Glad you wrote something, otherwise I would have missed your photos altogether.

I do like the Alcatraz shot. The way composed the photo makes it seem very foreboding and rather creepy looking. I also like the skyline shot - I wish, however, that it could be a bit larger.

Both shots are quite clear, but I do have to warn you - I'm not a huge fan of HDR, so for me, I think I would have preferred the Alcatraz shot without that particular technique. If you HDR'd the skyline photo, I can't tell, and for me, that's great.

Overall - wonderful job. I'll try to be more diligent when check out everyone's thread...!:smile:

4. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    thanks lyndee

I did want the alcatraz shot to be foreboding and kind of old looking so I guess that worked, I am going to try another shot and make it a bit lighter and play with it a bit to see what I get as well.

the skyline i was pretty far away so that is why it is small, again another shot I plan to get a better or closer shot of.

thank you for the feedback :) 

5. I missed your post the first time around, as well. (The Cafe had problems <was offline> for a short time about a week ago - Perhaps your first post got lost in the shuffle?)

I like them both -- and I AM a fan of HDR. If #2 is HDR, one really can't tell (which is not necessarily a bad thing.)

Did you use Photomatix for these?

6. nice images
    the 2nd one is more pleasing to MY eyes
    one thing
    please get rid of those LARGE FRAMES

they ruin your images...
    pictures shown here don't need frames like these

i'd lose the frames and post a bigger size.... please

7. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    Yes they were both HDR, and yes Photmatrix :) 

thanks for the feedback..I love HDR for some things and really want to perfect it for various looks

8. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    ok will do that is good to know:smile:

9. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Lisa -

Much, much better without the frames - Greg was right!!

10. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv

yes I agree

thank you Greg:smile:

11. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Nice images. I especially like the Alcatraz shot. Really makes me feel that I don't want to go there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.