Alien Bees and Soft Boxes

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by Little Cub, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Little Cub

Little Cub

Feb 13, 2007
    Vegas, baby!
    Hey Cafe!

I have a couple of Dynophos softboxes and another for my smaller JTL 160. I am considering a purchase of some Alien Bee strobes. Can I use my existing softboxes, or will I have to buy new softboxes specifically for those strobes?

Thank You for your help!

Little Cub

2. I've never heard of the equipment you've mentioned, but you should e-mail Alien bees and ask. You may need to purchase an AB speedring, but I'm not sure...

3. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    yes you can use them You just need to get the Alien bees speedring.

Dan

4. Little Cub

Little Cub

Feb 13, 2007
    Vegas, baby!
    Keith and Dan thanks for all your help! Yeah, I purchased the Dynophos softboxes from amvona.com. I am gearing up to buy some Alien Bees, and knowing that I should look into a speedring makes alot of sense! I am going to e-mail them now.

Little Cub

5. C Reinhardt

C Reinhardt

Nov 21, 2005
    I have a set of Alien Bees with two stands and 2 umbrellas. I have only used them maybe three times, otherwise hardly used. I also have a Sekonic L-358 with the MT-32 radio control chip -- I bought at the same time I purchased the Bees. I have the box, manual and slip case for the light meter. Wires, zip cases and umbrella boxes for the Bee set. I thought I was going to get into studio work but hasn't really happened. I prefer casual shooting in natural light. Would you or anyone be interested?

6. Little Cub

Little Cub

Feb 13, 2007
    Vegas, baby!
    Hi C Reinhardt,

I just emailed you with some questions. I might be interested in those lights. Feel free to either message me, or email @ roaringbear@gmail.com

Thanks-
    Little Cub

7. If this deal doesn't pan out you might want to post them in the FOR SALE forum