1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Alien Bees/White Lightning Radio Flash Trigger

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by BourbonCowboy, May 31, 2007.

1. Does anyone have any experience with these? Or more specifically, does anyone have any experience with these when used with the older WL 10,000 units? I know it's a longshot, but I really like these old "coffee cans" and would like to experiment further. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

2. If your WL 10,000 has a jack to plug a triggering device into, they should work. It's a very simple concept - they are a transmitter and receiver, the transmitter is activated by the hotshoe connection on your camera, it sends a signal to the receiver which fires the flash through the wire plugged into the strobe.

Call them. They are very helpful and their customer service is second to none if you have a problem.

BTW, these units can be found under another brand on eBay at a lower price, but without the support of the folks at AB

3. Try a couple of Pocketwizards. I used the original wireless package from Alienbees and had mixed results with it. I switched to the Pocketwizards Plus II and never looked back.

As I tell everyone who asks...the Pocketwizards just work and work every time!

John

4. Amen!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.