Alienbee's CyberSynch

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by cszakolczai, Oct 6, 2008.

1. cszakolczai

cszakolczai

Oct 1, 2008
    NJ
    Ok I am looking at picking up a set of these CyberSynch. I am looking to pick up 3 receivers and 1 transmitter. The 3 receivers will fire 2 of my flashes (SB24's) and when I get an Sb800 that as well, and it will also fire my camera. I am confused about the receiver options. I see we have the CSR and the CSRB. It says the CSRB is battery powered and I just want to make sure its a conventional battery. The CSR seems to be only powered by an external battery pack. Am I correct in my thinking? Also, can the CyberSynch actually fire my camera? I just want to make sure I can fire my camera and 2 or 3 flashes at the same time without a problem. I know I have to get all the supporting cords but I just want to make sure I am correct in my thinking thus far.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. exitnine

exitnine

Jun 5, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Chris,

I have 2 set of cybersync, which include 2 set of transmitter and receivers (csrb), so far so good, the csrb use AA battery, but the transimtter use 2045, the csr one believe have to use the regular power sources, not sure can be use battery to fire up the sb24.

That is the reason I go with the csrb, a little complaint of it is the battery cover on it, other than that it work fine, last time my setup was a sb800 on my hotshoe, transmitter connect by pc terminal to the camera, and remote fire off a sb28 (connect to pc termainal) and remote to a mono flash light. It work good, the area is wide open, not really have time to test the distance yet.

BTW here is the link of the user manual and they also have a forums here is the link

3. cszakolczai

cszakolczai

Oct 1, 2008
    NJ
    Thanks, I got some information once I called them I thought this thread was dead but I appreciate the response.