1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Aliens have arrived!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by siinjen, Aug 9, 2009.

1. :eek: :eek: :eek: 
    3805488001_f742086362_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    wow thats a good sized nest! and a rather humour shape to it a well, nice shot, hopefully you didnt get to meet them while taking it lol

3. Thanks Jim...there was one that circled my lens...so i left right away!:biggrin:

4. Nice nest. What species?

5. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    im allergic so i tend to kill those htings quickly...

6. Hornets or Wasps...:confused: :rolleyes: Good question.

7. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Thats the "Disney World" of nests!

8. I believe that's a bald-faced hornet (yellowjacket) nest. They are very, very protective of their nests and it's great that you and your camera left the scene after you captured a very cool shot.

9. Hi Sinnjin,

Yes indeed a cool shot but when they shoot you it's a hot shot.

arthur

10. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Where's my Epi-pen?

11. Here are some Aliens stranded in Deventer Holland

[​IMG]

12. Get a remote release and poke it.:smile: Down here we mark the location and then go get them after the first freeze, seal it and hang it outside.

13. oh man we use to shoot them with a 22 from about 50 yards or as far as we could get and be safe about it

I ounce nailed one from about 25 yards with some bird shot on full choke barrel....... that was A lot of bees :eek:  glad i was far away for that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.