All Green Herons, All the Time....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Gordon Large, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice shots Gordon. These guys can be pretty oblivious to your presence when they are hunting. Sometimes you can't get close, but when they are feeding, it's like they don't even notice that you are there.

Well done. :wink:

3. Nice reflections in the water Gordon. Kind of fun to get up on one like that I would bet. Not that I have done it but we can always hope.

4. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Frank. You are right about these guys when they are hunting. With my 200-400 and a TC-17 I had to pull back to 200 on some shots. And I missed some shots because I couldn't focus close enough!

Gordon

5. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hi Gordon. You are right - it is a big kick to get this close to such a neat little bird. When they are hunting they just ignore you. You must have some marshes and wading birds somewhere in Utah. Now I'm curious. What waders do you have out there?

Gordon

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Well done Gordon!!

7. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Ben!
    Gordon

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I love these little guys. Frank says we have one at the local pond but I've never found it. I think its a decoy that he uses.

To use an adjective that Paul aka Montydog uses on occasion. These are "ACE"

Hard to pick a favorite.

9. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Patrick. I think these guys are schizo. The one in my photos obviously could care less who is watching or what they are doing. OTOH, there is usually a Greenie in a little pond near where we live and that bird is scared of it's shadow. Usually hides in the reeds and spooks at anything.

Gordon