All Harley Drag Racing - VA Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by MikeMcA², Sep 27, 2008.

1. Finally got all the images processed from last weekend's event. Others are posted in other threads here.

[​IMG]

381165048_RXyFN-L.jpg

381178013_V4Xif-L.jpg

380353542_dsbWN-L.jpg

2. Mike

Nice work as always....Very cool second image with the front wheel just off the pavement....Looks like the driver in your last pic is getting a little bent out of shape...Like I could do better...:biggrin:

Cheers

Ted:smile:

3. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Excellent!

4. lol thanks Ted. I'm amazed by how squat and wrinkled the slick is in that 2nd image of Greg's Pro Stock bike. That last shot is Doug Vancil, current #1 plate holder in Top Fuel. Hey cocks the wheel to the right like that on every pass. Looks kooky but seems to work for him. :cool:

Thanks!

5. Hyper-Performance

Hyper-Performance

Apr 11, 2007
    SW Ohio, USA
    Dave
    Great launch shots!! I love the one of him all crossed up!

6. Very cool pics.

About 15 mins down the road from me.....

7. Thanks again!

Here are a couple shots which show the nitro-methane fire out the exhaust on the far side of the bikes. Love the sound of these when they go by about 12 feet away lol.

381491514_85A8G-L.jpg

381492143_HJZpU-L.jpg

8. Mike

Love image #2 the bokeh and the heat distortion behind the bike makes this capture stand tall. For anyone into cars or bikes that hasn't been to a top fuel event you are really missing out. When you're 200 feet away from a drag car when it launches and your chest caves in from the over pressure that's top fuel... You have to experience it to believe it...... :biggrin:

Cheers

Ted:smile:

9. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Great shots Mike (nice to see our BG Tonda Logo in a lot of your smugmug shots)

10. Thanks Joe. Is this the shipping business, or the data browser? Was wondering what BG Tonda was and the reasons for their sponsorship of the drag strip.

11. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Mike BG is a world leader in automotive maintenance products , specialized tools and equipment. www.bgprod.com/company

12. EJ_ALLMOTA

EJ_ALLMOTA Guest

great shots...

13. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    Nice work Mike!

14. Thanks. I had eventually googled and found it.

Thank you.

Thanks Dave. Only one more race to go this year. :frown: