All I could muster from the duck pond

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by Mason, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Geez…look at all the gear, and this isn’t all of it. Once I even walked back to a rig that wasn’t mine. Well, it looked like mine. That’s Larry on the left
    [​IMG]

A few geese came through and this was my best shot:
    [​IMG]

Guess who? I am amazed how fast he locks on to the birds and starts shooting. It doesn’t seem like a fraction of a second after he puts his eye to the camera. He will have some great pictures, I'm sure:
    [​IMG]

2. Nice ones Mason, awesome shot of the Canada Goose, WOW!

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Terrific shooting, Mason!

See you in a couple hours at the campfire! (Hope Allison will join you!)

4. Outstanding!! all of them are great but good googlemooglies that Gooose is great

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Thanks everyone. As most of you know, I am not a birder...but this is my first real outing with the 300 2.8 AF and I am having a blast. That was with the Tamron 1.4 TC which I am going to take off of Eng45ine's hands.

7. :eek:

I hope you didn't cause traffic accidents with that array of gear. :wink:
    Wouldn't be surprised if people wandering by stopped in the anticipation of some famous person stepping out of the pond.

Nice BIF shot, btw.!

8. No, but tomorrow at the dam it wouldn't surprise me if security shows up!

BIF’s are really cool. I have a lot of respect for nature photographers. At least with sports, you know something is going to be happening between certain hours.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Did engine win that in the door prizes.lololol
    Great shots. Super goose.

Flew is a sly one...lol

OMG look at all that gear..Holey Smokes...

Reminds me of this bunch:>))))))))
    Merritt 4

10. All that gear on display and in active use would make a great advert for Nikon, wouldn't it? Gitzo coming in a close second, too.... :biggrin:

Mason, that Canadian Goose shot is a stunner! WOW! You are doing verrrry well with that lens! :smile:

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    You did real good Mason (all except the Flew shot that is. :biggrin:).

12. The goose is a great capture, Mason.

The last one must be one very quick bird and you could only capture his back. :biggrin:

13. WOW Mason! Dunno which I like the best = all those cameras or that fantastic goose! Ya did good!

14. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    What fun to see some of the cafe regulars. I love it!

15. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Great goose shot mason!!!!

Those other birds are a hoot too :biggrin:

16. Next time, try

aiming your camera at the geese. You may get a few more keepers that way :biggrin: :biggrin:

That goose shot is nice, though.

17. Sly may be a understatement. I will post a pic of Flew's location during most of the shoot...maybe. He can really scoot off even with all that gear!

Thanks Connie. It would be a nice ad...kinda reminds me of the Canon ads with all the white lenses at a sporting event.

Don't start with me. I have pictures of your mug but you requested a back-of-the-cap shot :biggrin: Thanks for taking care of the H for me.

You actually can get the front of that bird, but you should be ready to get yelled at :rolleyes:

The gear is kind of funny...and the goose was a great suprise...but the people pics I posted are my favorite. Thanks Dianne!

It seems like this should be about four days. Everyone is having a blast. Hope we see you sometime!

Thanks Patrick!

Well, Rex and I were talking too much and missed some shots for sure.

18. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    That first shot cracks me up...I don't know how you guys kept all that
    Nikon gear straight....I can see where you would walk back to the wrong
    set up for sure..

19. Nice job, Mason. You're gonna have so much fun with the 300/2.8.

It was blast meeting you and Allison. Hope it's not too long before we can shoot together again.

20. I wasn't kidding. The good news was it was just the rig beside me...the bad news is that I liked it better than mine!

Thanks Dave. I'm really glad the Dave & Dave show made it down. I am going to send Dave W the info I have on the Tamaroa Maritime Foundation, and when they move her your way I will try to come up.