All Of My Gear.... Stolen

Well,
Not a good day for me my friends... went out to shoot some dragonflies this A.M., finished and put my gear in my trunk. When I was putting it away, I realized I had dropped a lens cap somewhere. I shut the trunk and went back to look for it, when I returned to my car... less than ten minutes later, the doors and trunk were wide open and my bag, tripod and all of the rest of my gear was gone.

It appears that they grabbed the top of my window on the passengers side, and yanked it out of the rail, then reached in and unlocked my door. From inside the car the trunk can be opened, and it was.

I went to the police station where they dusted for prints on the window, and wrote a report.

Next stop was to my insurance agent..... waiting to hear from them.

This sucks.

Just thought I would share.....

Oh no ! Let's hope they lifted some identifiable fingerprints. I'm relieved to hear that you have insurance, but it still stinks.

Paul, my deepest sympathies are with you and hope you get some satisfaction from the insurance company or the return of your gear and the prosecution of the thieves

it almost sounds like they were watching you and waited for the right opportunity

oh man, so sorry to hear this, one of my biggest fears, hope the situation resolves itself soon for you.

Thanks... it's a waiting game now.

Oh no ! Let's hope they lifted some identifiable fingerprints. I'm relieved to hear that you have insurance, but it still stinks.

Lets hope. One of the prints the detective lifted was an excellent print... hopefully it isn't one of mine.

Oh man, I'm so sorry...

I can't believe this... :( :( :(

What really sucks is that my wife had her car broken into on Friday.... I just had to replace her window.

Very sorry. Hope you get everything resolved with the insurance and have new gear soon.

Thanks, I hope so too.

Paul, my deepest sympathies are with you and hope you get some satisfaction from the insurance company or the return of your gear and the prosecution of the thieves

it almost sounds like they were watching you and waited for the right opportunity

It's funny you say that... There was a pickup near my car with a guy inside when I stowed my gear, it was gone when I got back... so was my stuff. I gave a description to the police.

I forgot to mention - watch craigslist

they might just be that stupid

:frown::frown: The only good part of that story was the last sentence where you say you have insurance. I hope they take care of everything. Still sucks, but makes it a lot easier to take. The part that insurance can't help with is that ugly feeling inside when you have been violated like this.

Yeah, I thought of that... and I have my serial #'s ... so do the police and my insurance.

Paul...
i cannot believe what i am reading here

why o why do folks want other people's things?
i am SO sorry for your loss
and.... very angry, as well

please take care of yourself... and keep us informed
i am so, so sorry

:frown::frown: The only good part of that story was the last sentence where you say you have insurance. I hope they take care of everything. Still sucks, but makes it a lot easier to take. The part that insurance can't help with is that ugly feeling inside when you have been violated like this.

Yeah, insurance in this case is a good thing. Thanks Anthony

Paul...
i cannot believe what i am reading here

why o why do folks want other people's things?
i am SO sorry for your loss
and.... very angry, as well

please take care of yourself... and keep us informed
i am so, so sorry

Greg,

It all works out to... as the cop said to me.. "It's easier to steal someone elses stuff than to have to actually work and earn it."

Thanks for the thoughts.

Geez, Paul!

Very sad and disquieting . . .

I hope that you have sales / registration info that includes all the serial numbers, and that you'll get a decent resolution soon.

Eric

I have copies of everything... but it's frustrating.

It all works out to... as the cop said to me.. "It's easier to steal someone elses stuff than to have to actually work and earn it."

Thanks for the thoughts.

yeah....
i suppose that in these tough economic times... folks are more desperate than ever to have what doesn't belong to them

still very sad and angry over this

I forgot to mention - watch craigslist

they might just be that stupid

I agree, but also look on ebay, & the local pawn shops, to take it a bit further i would put a wanted ad on Craigs list looking for something that you had stolen ...maybe they just dumb enough to reply...

Paul,

so sorry to hear that - this totally sucks :frown:

Hope you get it resolved soon with the insurance. Where did this happen?

I always argue with my wife because she likes to leave stuff in the car that she doesn't want to carry... until one day she'll find it stolen! I grew up in Europe, where car theft is so widespread that you simply can't leave anything valuable in there...

Good luck

Mike

yeah....
i suppose that in these tough economic times... folks are more desperate than ever to have what doesn't belong to them

still very sad and angry over this

Actuallt Greg in our area, Meth is the cause of 85% of all crimes... at least according to the cop that I dealt with on Friday when my wifes car was broken into.

I agree, but also look on ebay, & the local pawn shops, to take it a bit further i would put a wanted ad on Craigs list looking for something that you had stolen ...maybe they just dumb enough to reply...

Y'now we would like to think they might not be that dumb... but you never know. If one of our local pawn shops got a couple of my lenses .. around here it would send up flags....... 85 1.4's Don't just show up around here.

Latest threads

Top Bottom