All the Blooming I have

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hs200, Jul 2, 2008.

1. All of these were taken with D200, 17-55 hand held. I am working on DOF and technique. I am not sure of composition, the rule of 3rds and such. Stiff CC is more than welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Is that a type of sunflower? Like a mini hybrid? The second sunflower with the total background blurred is awesome.

3. Ditto on the 2nd image. Well did.

4. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    The second one is the one that caught my eye as well. Good job.

5. Seneca,
    This sunflower is a weed. It probably wouldn't be flowering if it was not under the drip line of the roof. We have had 2.6 inches of rain since October.
    Its awfully dry here.

6. Hershel,
    These are all wonderful. If you post this thread in the macro/flower forum I'm sure you'll get much more insightful comments on how to improve!
    Love the contrast & bokeh in #1. : ~ )

7. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    I like the first two, but the cacti just isn't doing anything for me. I PSed the image and did a simple slight S curve to add contrast. Then I used the warming filter(85) at 25%..to give it some warmth. Try that on that second Cacti image.

8. I appreciate the input. I am not to good at curves, masks and especially PS.
    I just put a little usm in NX2 and go.

9. TCandle

TCandle

May 10, 2008
    North Texas
    For what it is worth, I really liked the 1st one. Loved the full effect of the flower, stem and all.

10. Hello Hershel... thanks for posting the pictures. We don't see a lot of flowering cactus here in rainy Western Washington so I really liked seeing your blooms... especially the last shot.

11. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Hey Herschel,

Here is what I was talking about earlier:

cacti2.

It's not much, and you really can't tell until you put it against the other. But it is just a bit warmer. The curves layer was just the preset linear contrast selection in the Curves adj. tool. and the warming filter was a photo filter adjust layer with the warming filter(85) set to 15%.

Hope you like.

12. I see what you are saying. It looks good. I will play with this. Thanks.

13. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    No problem. There are quite a few people over on the retouching side that can help. and there are a ton of tutorials on that info helped me thread up in the sticky section in this forum. I'm working on making parts of it better organized, but work keeps getting in the way.:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.