All the Blooming I have

All of these were taken with D200, 17-55 hand held. I am working on DOF and technique. I am not sure of composition, the rule of 3rds and such. Stiff CC is more than welcome.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Is that a type of sunflower? Like a mini hybrid? The second sunflower with the total background blurred is awesome.

Is that a type of sunflower? Like a mini hybrid? The second sunflower with the total background blurred is awesome.
Seneca,
This sunflower is a weed. It probably wouldn't be flowering if it was not under the drip line of the roof. We have had 2.6 inches of rain since October.
Its awfully dry here.

Hershel,
These are all wonderful. If you post this thread in the macro/flower forum I'm sure you'll get much more insightful comments on how to improve!
Love the contrast & bokeh in #1. : ~ )

I like the first two, but the cacti just isn't doing anything for me. I PSed the image and did a simple slight S curve to add contrast. Then I used the warming filter(85) at 25%..to give it some warmth. Try that on that second Cacti image.

I like the first two, but the cacti just isn't doing anything for me. I PSed the image and did a simple slight S curve to add contrast. Then I used the warming filter(85) at 25%..to give it some warmth. Try that on that second Cacti image.
I appreciate the input. I am not to good at curves, masks and especially PS.
I just put a little usm in NX2 and go.

I appreciate the input. I am not to good at curves, masks and especially PS.
I just put a little usm in NX2 and go.
Hey Herschel,

Here is what I was talking about earlier:

It's not much, and you really can't tell until you put it against the other. But it is just a bit warmer. The curves layer was just the preset linear contrast selection in the Curves adj. tool. and the warming filter was a photo filter adjust layer with the warming filter(85) set to 15%.

Hope you like.

Hey Herschel,

Here is what I was talking about earlier:

It's not much, and you really can't tell until you put it against the other. But it is just a bit warmer. The curves layer was just the preset linear contrast selection in the Curves adj. tool. and the warming filter was a photo filter adjust layer with the warming filter(85) set to 15%.

Hope you like.
I see what you are saying. It looks good. I will play with this. Thanks.

I see what you are saying. It looks good. I will play with this. Thanks.
No problem. There are quite a few people over on the retouching side that can help. and there are a ton of tutorials on that info helped me thread up in the sticky section in this forum. I'm working on making parts of it better organized, but work keeps getting in the way.:smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom