1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Alley Cat

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Dayo, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Dayo

Dayo

May 1, 2006
    Bahrain
    I was driving down this alley one night when I spotted this cat. I stopped and fired off the shot.

It has been sitting on my computer till now and thought it is a good image to test out NX 2.

D200 @ ISO 1600
    85/1.8
    1/60 @ f1.8
    [​IMG]

2. For my taste there are two things I would have modified for this interesting shot. I would have open the shadows just a bit and I would have reduced contrast.
    Also for my taste I would have moved the composition slightly to the right since the main subject, the cat, appears dead center making the composition too static.
    Just my opinion.
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

3. Dayo

Dayo

May 1, 2006
    Bahrain
    Thanks for taking the time to share it.

4. I like it! The sign on the left is distracting, but I like the rest of it.

Kristin

5. Dayo

Dayo

May 1, 2006
    Bahrain
    The travails of shooting with a Fixed Focal while immobile in a car seat. Actually, I suppose I could have included it fully but will actually just crop it out.

Thanks

6. I like it, but I think a different crop without the sign and without the cat in the center would make it much better!

7. Dayo

Dayo

May 1, 2006
    Bahrain
    I prefer the cat in the middle and don't think having it off to one side as in the rule of thirds works.

Cropped out the sign and straightened
    [​IMG]

Thanks for commenting

8. InLimbo87

InLimbo87

Jul 30, 2008
    Orlando, Fl
    Very cool shot.. The new crop was definitely an improvement

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.