1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Allie and Cory: Wedding

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by The chemist, Aug 16, 2009.

1. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Some smaller 4x6s of a recent wedding shoot. You may remember the flower girl from other pictures. Equipment D700/D200 35/105VR/70-200 for most shots and occasional SB-600s

Keeping with good wedding lighting this was around 2oclock at the beach with a zillion other beachdwellers...:eek: 

1[​IMG]

2[​IMG]

3[​IMG]
    Great father of the bride in tears
    4[​IMG]
    5[​IMG]

6[​IMG]
    Find the camera in this image:biggrin:
    7[​IMG]
    Hasty blur here..will re-edit:wink:
    8[​IMG]

9[​IMG]

2. as a non expert, i think these are absolutely lovely. if they were my wedding photos, i would be thrilled with them. i especially love the set up for number 7.

3. D300fan

D300fan

Mar 30, 2008
    Maryland
    Nice images!

4. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Thanks! I would have enjoyed better light but the wparty was excellent. For 7 I try to add a few creative shots among the "required." They may blow some up on canvas so I will process with greater care those selected.
    thank you

5. The Ben

The Ben

Oct 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    not a fan of selective coloring, and the blur picture looks terrible.

Otherwise, great job!

6. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    No selective coloring done(B&W layer and contrast layer) and yes the blur picture is a result of my poor judgement on DOF while shooting but they love it and that is what counts. Thanks for the critiques and complements

7. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    So I reworked the "blur" picture with a bit more care:biggrin:

Added a few more while I was at it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    Good stuff!

9. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Thanks!

10. nice fun images, but almost every shot of the bride the dress is blown out. Not sure if you can bring it down a bit, but I would do that before doing any printing.

11. davidC

davidC

Mar 10, 2009
    MD
    photo 9

is that your flash set up that is firing into the shot?

12. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Thanks neepers! Black suited and black vested groomsman with a bride and 12 noon sun was rough. I certainly could have done better though.
    glad you liked them.
    that was simply someone holding the door upon and light spilling in from the sun. I may backlight my next reception at the entrance with a flash as I liked the look.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.