Alligator eating bird (warning graphic)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A couple of weeks ago when shooting the baby blues feeding, one fell into the water and became the breakfast for this gator, at least 8-9' in length.
Thanks for viewing.
Kevin P.
Jefferson Island, LA

that's irresponisble parenting if you ask me. What kind of parent builds a nest above alligator feeding grounds? ***?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cleo, Maji,
thanks for viewing, I know its graphic, Ray B asked that I post em, I have the whole series but one pic says it all. Cleo, thank you for the giggles but I understand there is a reason why nature has the birds build the nest like that.
Thank you kindly,
Kevin P.

Natures way

that's irresponisble parenting if you ask me. What kind of parent builds a nest above alligator feeding grounds? ***?
The gators actually help the birds as much as they feed on them. When there is a large concentration of nests full of birds, Snakes, Racoons, possums and others would love to cllimb the tree and eat a nest full of eggs as well as the mother if she doesn't flee. The gators waiting below for birds will eat the other varmits before they can get to the nest. So the birds actually choose to nest there!

Cleo, Maji,
thanks for viewing, I know its graphic, Ray B asked that I post em, I have the whole series but one pic says it all. Cleo, thank you for the giggles but I understand there is a reason why nature has the birds build the nest like that.
Thank you kindly,
Kevin P.
:biggrin:

The gators actually help the birds as much as they feed on them. When there is a large concentration of nests full of birds, Snakes, Racoons, possums and others would love to cllimb the tree and eat a nest full of eggs as well as the mother if she doesn't flee. The gators waiting below for birds will eat the other varmits before they can get to the nest. So the birds actually choose to nest there!
Ahhhh, that makes sense :smile:

The Gator will be so disappointed when it realize feather is not digestible! These chicks probably weight less than a pound!

Nice capture, Kevin, just make sure you stay away from water in the future!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom