1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Allow me to Brag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devo, Jul 30, 2009.

1. devo

devo

Sep 22, 2008
    Philly / SoMD
    Found out that I'll be traveling to the following, sometime in the next year:
    -Guam
    -Puerto Rico
    -Hawaii
    -U.S. Virgin Islands
    The senior engineer said that he wanted "the young guys" to get the experience, since he has "had his fare share" of travel. WOO!!!

Oh, and most likely, a majority of the United States.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I love my job.

2. jerryshenk

jerryshenk

Jan 8, 2009
    PA
    Nice, so what do you do? When I first saw this, I figured you were in the military.

3. devo

devo

Sep 22, 2008
    Philly / SoMD
    I work for NAVAIR, a division of the Navy....and thats about all I can say. :cool: 

4. jerryshenk

jerryshenk

Jan 8, 2009
    PA
    Oh, so my "gut reaction" was right. I guess you're signature has a "military tone" to it too;) 

5. Gort

Gort

Mar 10, 2008
    Phoenix
    Guam is an interesting place. Just watch out for those d&*n snakes.

6. Stock up on CF cards, looks like you're gonna need 'em!!! :biggrin: Enjoy!!!

7. Jim_B

Jim_B

Feb 25, 2009
    Independence, Mo.
    Army Civilian here. Ft. Leavenworth. Wonder how many other DOD folks we have on the board?

8. devo

devo

Sep 22, 2008
    Philly / SoMD
    More like SD cards....but I am hoping with all the overtime I could potentially get from the travel, I'll be able to get a D700 or D700s or whatever is next, hencefourth, needing to stock up on CF cards...:biggrin:

I know there are a few active duty folks here, but not sure about DoD civilians. Im based out of Webster Field, an adjunct base of Pax River NAS.

9. asnpcwiz

asnpcwiz

May 27, 2009
    USA
    Only place really worth bragging about is Hawaii :wink:. I can never get too much of that place. Enjoy your trip.

Oh, and thanks for serving.

10. devo

devo

Sep 22, 2008
    Philly / SoMD
    I cant take the thanks...I'm a civilian. Dont know if that was clear or not.

11. asnpcwiz

asnpcwiz

May 27, 2009
    USA
    Well then...thanks for clearing it up :biggrin:.

12. Jim_B

Jim_B

Feb 25, 2009
    Independence, Mo.
    GS or contractor?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.