Almond Blossoms - First signs of Spring

DSC_9883-denoise-clear.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beautiful flowers.
A couple of questions about your settings. The d850 is a marvelous camera- but it really is not a high iso machine. Not sure why you needed 1/8000s to take a picture of a flower? It pushes you to iso6400- where you are forced to do denoise steps- which take out some of the really fine detail in the blossoms.
Way too much clutter, at least for me. We have windows to windmills.
Not sure how limited you were to access- but even getting down lower would have taken out some of the stuff. Or throw your 90mm macro on , blur out the background.
Right now, at least for me, there is too much stuff going on to really see the flowers.
gary

Beautiful flowers.
A couple of questions about your settings. The d850 is a marvelous camera- but it really is not a high iso machine. Not sure why you needed 1/8000s to take a picture of a flower? It pushes you to iso6400- where you are forced to do denoise steps- which take out some of the really fine detail in the blossoms.
Way too much clutter, at least for me. We have windows to windmills.
Not sure how limited you were to access- but even getting down lower would have taken out some of the stuff. Or throw your 90mm macro on , blur out the background.
Right now, at least for me, there is too much stuff going on to really see the flowers.
gary
Glad you liked the flowers. , the D50 is not a high ISO machine?? I thought it was known for taking higher ISO photos with not so much of the noise problems. The high ISO setting are due to me not changing the setting for bird photography. Steve Perry recommends fast speed and ISO settings to capture bird photo and that is what it is set for. Are for my limit on access - yes I am limited. They were taken from my office window. And yes I can take my posted photo and blur the background. I was just wanting the snow bound folks to see a little bit of early spring to cheer them up.

When I shot with the d850- and still do- I would not go over 3200 unless I had no choice.
Bodies like the d5 are much better known for high iso. Even with these bodies, you lose dynamic range and lose color accuracy at high iso.
Yes, fast shutter and thus high iso is needed for some but not all bird in flight. I have never needed over 1/3200 for birds and I shoot them a lot. Your mileage may vary.
For birds, people do not commonly need/use f13.
I hate it when I don't have the right settings. It still happens- more than I would ever admit to.
gary

When I shot with the d850- and still do- I would not go over 3200 unless I had no choice.
Bodies like the d5 are much better known for high iso. Even with these bodies, you lose dynamic range and lose color accuracy at high iso.
Yes, fast shutter and thus high iso is needed for some but not all bird in flight. I have never needed over 1/3200 for birds and I shoot them a lot. Your mileage may vary.
For birds, people do not commonly need/use f13.
I hate it when I don't have the right settings. It still happens- more than I would ever admit to.
gary
Is this better?
DSC_9884-denoise-clear.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I think that is a more interesting image. Not much you can do about the background.... but it is less obtrusive.
The colors look better.
You have a great view.
This might be an interesting project- as it changes over the seasons.
gary

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom