Almost Complete lol

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by alex66, Aug 5, 2007.

1. alex66

alex66

Jun 13, 2007
    Bedford England
    Well I almost got all the lenses I wanted to put on my two cams, I have at the moment;
    Sigma 18-200 walk around do everything in good light lens quitr surprised how good it is.
    Nikon 24mm2.8 I had the sigma version but I won this on the bay for £50 this is my favorite focal length on dx, its in perfect condition so I think I got a deal.
    Nikon 28mm2.8 it was cheep on the bay and will do.
    Sigma 50mm2.8 macro my wife got me this she knew I wanted a macro so it just arrived:biggrin: Shes also bought me a Cosina 100mm but its not arrived yet.

Due to a non paying bidder I coudnt get either the 85mm or the sigma 15-30 (though Im not sure about the latter now). Im hoping to be able to order an 85 by the end of the wk.:biggrin:

2. Being from the UK, you might find a good deal on ebay for the 85/1.8 new from a HongKong of Japanese seller? It'll take a week or a few days more to get here.

Q: your 24 and 28 ... are they both AF? ... you planning on keeping both? Seems a bit odd, very close focal lengths

3. weiran

weiran

Jan 2, 2007
    Nottingham, UK
    I wouldn't bother with the Sigma 15-30 on a DSLR, a Tokina 12-24mm is a better bet for wide angle.

And surely, if you couldn't get the 85 or 15-30 because of a non-paying bidder, that said bidder is yourself!

4. Not if he was selling to finance his purchase! :wink:

5. alex66

alex66

Jun 13, 2007
    Bedford England
    Indeed I was selling to finance. I also want to use the 15-30 on a film slr :smile:
    Dcap I use the 28mm on a film cam mostly with Hp5. But I do find a differene in them. I also got the 28mm before the 24 so I may sell

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.