Almost Complete lol

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by alex66, Aug 5, 2007.

1. alex66

alex66

Jun 13, 2007
    Bedford England
    Well I almost got all the lenses I wanted to put on my two cams, I have at the moment;
    Sigma 18-200 walk around do everything in good light lens quitr surprised how good it is.
    Nikon 24mm2.8 I had the sigma version but I won this on the bay for £50 this is my favorite focal length on dx, its in perfect condition so I think I got a deal.
    Nikon 28mm2.8 it was cheep on the bay and will do.
    Sigma 50mm2.8 macro my wife got me this she knew I wanted a macro so it just arrived:biggrin: Shes also bought me a Cosina 100mm but its not arrived yet.

Due to a non paying bidder I coudnt get either the 85mm or the sigma 15-30 (though Im not sure about the latter now). Im hoping to be able to order an 85 by the end of the wk.:biggrin:

2. Being from the UK, you might find a good deal on ebay for the 85/1.8 new from a HongKong of Japanese seller? It'll take a week or a few days more to get here.

Q: your 24 and 28 ... are they both AF? ... you planning on keeping both? Seems a bit odd, very close focal lengths

3. weiran

weiran

Jan 2, 2007
    Nottingham, UK
    I wouldn't bother with the Sigma 15-30 on a DSLR, a Tokina 12-24mm is a better bet for wide angle.

And surely, if you couldn't get the 85 or 15-30 because of a non-paying bidder, that said bidder is yourself!

4. Not if he was selling to finance his purchase! :wink:

5. alex66

alex66

Jun 13, 2007
    Bedford England
    Indeed I was selling to finance. I also want to use the 15-30 on a film slr :smile:
    Dcap I use the 28mm on a film cam mostly with Hp5. But I do find a differene in them. I also got the 28mm before the 24 so I may sell