Almost got Nikon 12-24/f4 DX

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Ken-L, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Close only counts in horse-shoes and hand grenades.... :x

I got up at 4:55am to check on an eBay auction for a new Nikon 12-24 that had had no bids for 3 days, starting at $750, the auction ending at 5:06am.

The bidding didn't start until there was only a few minutes to go and I didn't think it was worth getting over $800. It went for $836 plus $25 shipping.

Not to mention that I wasn't sure I had any use for that range! :?

2. Ken

I bought a 35mm f/1.4 through Ebay. The bidding went the same way. In the last 30 seconds it shot up; fortunately my ceiling was over the highest "automated" bid. There are several software packages which can do that; another reason why I am gun shy of Ebay. Unless you're an experienced "player" the bidding can make you feel like an amateur and leave you wondering...what happened?

Rich

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Don't worry Ken. You will find the need when a better deal comes along. ;)

4. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I'm an "experienced" eBayer - I'm also a "sniper". I wait until the last minute to start bidding, but always know my top price before starting. What makes eBay great for "sellers" is that so many bidders get caught up in the action and then it is more important for them to "win" than use good sense!

Mostly I find what I want as a "Buy It Now" item at a fair price, that avoids all the bidding hassles!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ken you are to funny....

Now you will have to join LLDA

rofl

Riot police will get you!!!!!!