Almost

This was a quick grab of my granddaughter and I missed the focus(It's on her hair). I was really bummed because I love her pose in this. I sharpened it up as much as I could without going overboard I hope. I'm still glad I have it...
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Dave, Granddaughter? You look so young yourself!

I understand you felt bummed, the expression is soooo great, and she really is lovely!

Dave, a shot like this is Perfect because of the Adorable Subject, regardless of focus! She's Precious!

Dave, like Steve, I really don't think the point of focus matters one jot in this image: its great as it is and if anything, a little imperfection, like a beauty spot, can set off the real beauty in the subject. And in the case the subject has it in abundance, and you've caught it spot on!

Dave, Granddaughter? You look so young yourself!

I understand you felt bummed, the expression is soooo great, and she really is lovely!
Haha, Thanks, I had twin daughters when I was 20 and they both started families very young as well.

Yes, it's still a keeper. Lovely!
Thanks Alan.
Dave, a shot like this is Perfect because of the Adorable Subject, regardless of focus! She's Precious!
Thanks Steve, easy to get caught up in the technical end of it, don't always realize other people don't look at our images at 100% on a big computer monitor when it looks fine in a frame and has sentimental value!
Dave, like Steve, I really don't think the point of focus matters one jot in this image: its great as it is and if anything, a little imperfection, like a beauty spot, can set off the real beauty in the subject. And in the case the subject has it in abundance, and you've caught it spot on!
Thanks Peter, I agree with you on this one, I have a bad habit of deleting the ones where the eyes are not in focus but this one I was glad I didn't...

Nice portrait. I think the hair goes well with the image. Kids are always on the move and it gives a feeling of motion while her face is beautifully framed and well focused. Great eyes.

Left eye looks pretty sharp to me...but really who cares, it's a great shot and an adorable pose and if the focus bothered you, soften the hair. Problem solved and great picture!:smile:

I agree with all here great shot and definitely a treasured keeper.

I do not think I would really want to change much if anything regardless of focus. But if you really want to try and tweak, it may be possible with some work to increase the apparent sharpness a little, particularly mouth and teeth.

You could try using a mask selection of mouth and teeth and increase contrast slightly with curve layer. You may also be able to sharpen just a touch with unsharp or smart sharpen. Then a little dodge and burn for the finishing touches.

Hair would prevent a much greater challenge and may not prove worth it but you could try a little painting with multiply and screen modes

Thanks for the comments, the original image was very soft as the focus point was on the hair on the top of the head but it did sharpen up enough in post so that I was happy with it, so it will be kept of course :) I just get mad at myself when I miss the eyes, lol.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom