Also playing around with lighting......

Discussion in 'People' started by Sybull, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Having been the proud owner of a D40 for about 2 weeks, I decided to dig out my Portaflash studio flash equipment. Since I thought I had lost my hot shoe attachment for my sync cable, I thought I would try triggering it using my onboard flash in conjuction with the studio flashes slave. I found out how to set the OB flash to Manual and 1/32 power. This was low enough not to register on the subject but bright enough to trigger the studio flash. In combination with the remote trigger I was enjoying myself hand holding the flash and triggering the camera remotely ! Then my daughter Harriet decided to join in and voila !

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

These were test shots with no real thought to composition, metering etc. Just to test the technical aspect to see if my theory would work. The heavy handed PP'ing was done in Picture Window Pro 3.5 on a laptop whilst sitting on a coach being driven through London by a mad polish driver ! Again I was playing with PWP trying various ideas and techniques with no real game plan. I realise the highlights are blown, but that is kind of the effect I was going for. On my laptop it did not look so drastic as on monitor I am using now. Oh well, any comments and criticism much appreciated.

2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    You call her Harry? So cute. I love what you did with the images. The second one is too hot for my taste...but the look give it some sort of divine intervention. JMHO...great shots.

3. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    I like the first one, but I agree with Seneca, the highlights are to hot in her face.

4. In my defense, I was PP'ing these on a moving vehicle using the touch pad on a laptop with the light around me changing all the time. By I certainly agree with you guys. I totally over cooked it. Now I know what wrong looks like I will hopefully be aware of it next time.