always chimp, when things are important.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Commodorefirst, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    I was at my nieces graduation party this past weekend and as a favor for her mom I took photos of all that was there and said I would just download them to their CPU at the end of the evening,

So Raw was out, and JPG was in, which I haven't done in a long long time.... used my favorite combo for this, D200 and 35 f2 lens, I shot every shot ISO 400 and f4, aperture mode. Indoors I used the same settings and TTLBL on the SB800 with the white diffuser on. I have presets in the camera for what I call JPG prints which include high sharpening and sRGB mode. I took a few shots, checked the LCD, Yikes, needed to turn the saturation down! The last time I used that preset I had been shooting some garden shots and was wanting the saturation + since I wasn't going to process the shots.

Dialed it down to normal, aahh.....

Much better on the skin tones, and the rest of the evening went fine and smooth, took over 100 different shots of all the people there (70) and even converted a few into BW in iPhoto on their CPU for fun, they sent me a copy of a few of them since I didn't bring the BW images home.

Wade

First one with the enhanced saturation by mistake, then the second with good skin color, saturation all normal, all as shot out of the camera:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I was glad I "chimped" to check out the color and settings, Just love digital!

The BW shots, only used iphoto conversion, first friends of the niece, then the graduate and the little fella she sometimes babysits for,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Saturation

It really plays havoc with fair-skinned freckle-faced redheads! I took about 100 pictures at a church picnic, and my wife and two other fair-skinned ladies were sitting together. I had saturation dialed in and they looekd like they were boiled.

3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Yep, I know better too, but sometimes we forget what we were shooting last! lo

Wadel